Sunday, July 27, 2014

Morakniv: A Tremendous Knife Value from Sweden

I've heard about these Morakniv knives from Sweden for years from various sources and finally got around to picking one up. A lot of the guys would recommend them as an inexpensive field knife. For $13 a pop you can hardly go wrong.

I mic'ed the back of the blade and it's 2.3mm which makes it pretty sturdy. The grip is nicely rubberized also. All things combined make it ideal for more delicate work such as cleaning fish, gutting/cleaning game or even for use in the kitchen. Mine will reside in the kitchen. I needed a good kitchen knife which is why I decided to pick one up.

I took a photo with it next to my Air Force survival knife for a size comparison. It comes with a very handy sheath which the knife positively locks into. The belt clip also has a cutout for those swivel type gear mounts.

One bad thing. The metal does tend to stain if you don't clean it right away. You can see a mark on the blade edge and on the side. So far that's my only complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment